Monday, February 9, 2009

The Curse of a Dreamer

Twenty years from now, I don't want to look back on my life and regret all the things I DIDN'T do....

Some days I wake up thinking, college is great! I will study hard, graduate, work my butt off to get my MBA, and then end up like most women at BYU and stay home raising 14 babies and cleaning for my husband. Don't get me wrong, this is perfectly admirable, and in fact even I am guilty of wanting this on occasion. Most days, however, I do not.....

Just yesterday I woke up wishing I could move to NYC, train hard, live the starving artist's life and perform on Broadway.

The day before that I wanted to leave for L.A., go to fashion school, and become a stylist for a big name fashion magazine.

Most of the days in between, I just want to run away. I am not sure where, but somewhere far.... Australia, Greece, Ireland? Maybe become a gypsy henna artist?

The fact is.... if you ask me what I want, I couldn't tell you. I want to do a million things, be a million things. Maybe that is essentially my whole problem. But I have come to learn that if you stretch yourself too thin, if you reach for too many stars, you will miss all the opportunities.

So for the time being, I will stay in little old Provo, dreaming of everywhere else I COULD BE, and take the opportunity that is lying before me...




1 comment:

danielle said...

i completely agree. lets be gypsies together, yes?