Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Language of the Soul



I walked around the HFAC art exhibit on campus today.  I initially stopped by to see if my piece of art had been put on display, but to my surprise I found two of my creations on the wall.   They seemed quite dull, perched in the shadows of other exquisite beauties that lined the walls, yet I couldn't help but feel a small sense of pride for making them.

What I find truly beautiful about art is this.... it is the product of one's passion, emotion, and need to create.  In fact, I believe art is the language of the soul, whether it be music, dance, poetry, or brush strokes on canvas.  It does not matter what medium is used to express it, so long as that expression is manifested in the form of some beautiful creation.  Art is filled with the most powerfully raw treasures life has to offer, and for that, I will always be drawn to it. 

Music I'm listening to: Au Revoir Simone- Sad Song





1 comment:

danielle said...

you're cute. i love these, i've never seen them before! Please show them to me on Sunday. rrrawr.